Friday 30 August 2013

26 August 2013 Suva Fiji


We docked in Suva, Fiji this morning.  On arrival in Suva the Police Band are playing and they are beautiful.  The first time I visited Suva was when I was 18 on a cruise, the ship was the Himalaya and the band was playing then as well. 

We were booked on a tour to a resort.  We met our guide and he directed us to our bus took about an hour to get there, and when we arrived I said to Sam I have been here before, it was the same resort I had been to on yet anor cruise when I was 21.  Sam took a photo in the same spot as I had had one taken 40 years previously. 

We were welcomed by the hotel staff, we were to have lunch and a performance.  I decided to go for a swim in the sea, so I went with anor couple, Heather and Ray, Sam decided with his cold he was best to stay sitting on the beach.  It was not quite as warm as Samoa but lovely all the same.  We had a lovely lunch and performance etc. and then headed back by bus to our ship.  We pretty much arrived back just very close to the time of sailing, the band was playing for us again, it is very special to have a band playing when you dock and sail out, it does not happen in many places these days.  Very lovely day was had by all.  We have two sea days before we arrive in Auckland.  

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that amazing, the same resort so many years later!

    ReplyDelete