Friday 30 August 2013

30 August 2013 Bay of Islands


We arrived in the Bay of Islands this morning.  I always have my stretch and abs class at 7.00 and 7.30 so I am up to see us sail into these lovely places.  We got organised had some brekky, our tour was leaving at 11.30, we had to get ourselves ashore as it was a tender service today.  A very beautiful place indeed.  Our tour was a catamaran trip to the hole in the rock and around the islands, I did not know but there are 144 islands in the bay, two of them are privately owned and this happened in the late 1970s because the Government could not afford to buy them at the time, I am sure if they were offered to them now they would be able to.  The catamaran brought us back and Sam and I had a look at Piahia and then caught the shuttle bus back to the tender and then we sailed.  We have had dinner, I did a load of washing, I think it is easier to pack clean ironed clothes than dirty ones.  It is very rough tonight we will be rocked to sleep.  Sam is watching the Hawthorn/Sydney Swans game, he has been lucky enough to find a few Hawthorn games to watch  I am about to put my head on the pillow, hope all is well    Sabine and Sam  XXXX

We are now sailing towards Sydney, very hard to believe that the time has gone so quickly. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, the Hawks won, but it seems that it was worrying at times. And there's the Buddy issue......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy sailing across 'the ditch'. Thank you for your blog. It is a wonderful way of seeing the world through your eyes. Best wishes fir your future cruises. Lorri H.

    ReplyDelete